Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I recently had several infections in my desktop computer and

Customer Question

I recently had several infections in my desktop computer and when I went to get help the technician advised that he would have to clean everything on the computer. That meant that he would have remove all of the software, however, he could save the files. I have been writing a family history and all of the photographs for the book were stored in Photo Element 12. When I got my machine back I also purchased Photo Element 14.
Qestion #1: I tried to rreinstall my Photo Element 12, but the serial #/product key was on the packaging and I think it go discarded. Is there another place I can get the serial/product key for Photo Element?
If I cannot reinstall Photo Element 12, how can I get my photos into Photo Element 14 with losing them?
Category: Software
Expert:  Kamil Anwar replied 11 months ago.

You will need to contact Adobe to get the serial #. Regarding the infections, it can be fixed without removing or reinstalling anything. Would you like me to connect remotely to fix the issue directly? Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, the computer has already been fixed. I need to find out how to re-install files that are on a flash drive without the risk of losing them. And if there is telephone number I can call at ADOBE to inquire about the Photo Element 12 serial/product number.

What files are they, which format are they in? And is the flash drive clean or infected? Adobe can be contacted here -> https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html ; best is to contact them through site and get to their live chat.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want to install the files from the flash drive to Photo Element 14.

What files are they, which format are they in? If they are picture files you can just open them via PE, if it is a catalog, then you can create it's backup first, and then restore.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No, your advise and information through medimum will suffice.

Sorry, did not get you there. Did you get the answer or is there any thing else that needs to be clarified?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did I just charge $48.00 to my credit card to have you tell me to contact ADOBE for the assistance I need?

I am an independent technician, i can only assist with the issues within my domain. If you've lost Adobe's serial #; nothing can be done other then contacting Adobe. Regarding, restoring the data from flash drive (I've already answered, give the limited information you've provided). If you want me to answer in detail; you'll need to tell me the file format, type of files. You asked "And if there is telephone number I can call at ADOBE to inquire about the Photo Element 12 serial/product number." i suppose the question was asked only to be told and given the information needed to contact Adobe, to which i have provided you the relevant info as well; there telephone number is +1(###) ###-####(but as stated earlier, best is to contact them via their live chat). If you think the help given is not satisfactory, i can request your refund and have this question closed; if you want me to opt out and have another expert assist; then i can opt out and open this question to other experts. All options and choices, are open for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I cannot say that you have been helpful. The information you need or are requesting regarding the flash drive I don't have or have access to at the moment. Thank you for responding to my request, but you have not been helpful. I will alert my credit card company not honor the $48.00 transaction. Thank you and have a good day!

I will request your refund. Thanks