Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

, received message to update bios (do not remember

Customer Question

Customer: My name is Art
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: received message to update bios (do not remember number) pressed confirm, pc shutdown, restarted now nothing.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Computer Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I would be willing to pay if my problem can will be solved.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

So once the computer shut off, and you try to RESTART it....nothing happens.....are you gettign a black screen with a flashing cursor in the top left of the screen?

.

Do you get anythign on the screen at all?

.

Are you famalier with HOW to get to the BIOS? Have you ever had to access the BIOS before?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nothing on screen.
Yes have been in bios but machine will not go there.

Is this a LAPTOP or is it a DESKTOP? What is the make and model, so i can pull the manuals.

.

Do you hear any beeps when you start the computer? Normally the computer will beep if it has found a problem, when it fails the POST test.

.

Are you able to use a different monitor?

.

Updating the BIOS is a very scary proposition if you are NOT familier with HOW to do it. As it can render your computer a BRICK, if it is NOT done correctly.

.

Once i have the manuals, and KNOW of the type of BIOS, and the type of Mobo you have....i can formulate a process for recovery.

.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK machine is an asus as ms32 with a Intel i5-6400/1tb Sara hdd/8gb ram/windows 10
Problem the download has corrupted the bios. Can you help or shoud I look elsewhere?

Well, it depends on what HAPPENED whether or not I can help.

.

This computer may have been BRICKED. And there is NO recovery unless you replace the BIOS chip on the mobo.

.

If what i think happened, we may be able to recover......but give me a few minutes to find and pull the manuals.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
As you can see I received no service, please reverse the charge to my Visa.
Thank you.Art Hale