Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I upgraded to El Capitan and am now having trouble getting

Customer Question

Customer: I upgraded to El Capitan and am now having trouble getting postscript fonts to load in Quark 9.5.4.1. I had previously tried to upgrade to Quark 10 and it crashed every time I opened it. I was also on the phone with Extensis (Suitcase Fusion 6) and we tried a bunch of things, but nothing worked. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The fonts are postscript fonts (ITC Officina Sans and Serif, Stuyvesant). They show up as being open. I also tried to open the fonts in Font Book, but they do not show up in the Quark dropdown menu.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I am.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Carlamere replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be helping you. Do you run QuarkXPress 2015 ? On 10/12/2015 Quark released an updated install for El Capitan users. The new install was only for Mac users and for those that run 2015..All other previous releases are not supported under El Capitan.. I have provide a link for you that explains in detail what I have summarized for you.

http://www.quark.com/About_Quark/Press/PressDetail.aspx?ncid=2141

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have a small office and we have paid for three copies of Quark 10, but I am the guinea pig for upgrading to El Capitan. I am surprised that you are asking if we are running Quark 2015 when I clearly stated that we are not. The information and link you provided are not news to me.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 11 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect. If I can't fix the problem you will get full refund.

Regards
Jins