Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

When I save a .dwg file to .pdf using acrobat 9 some text

Customer Question

When I save a .dwg file to .pdf using acrobat 9 some text fonts print fuzzy. Why?
Category: Software
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, my name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, can you try to print your file using foxit please, you can download it from :

https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

Hope this help, let me know the results

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Has everything worked out, do you still need help please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not interested in taking on new software. Adobe acrobat 9 should work well with autocad 2007.
There must be another setting, or issue which is causing the text to look blurry after being converted to\
.pdf. It looks perfect in autocad, it even looks perfect when previewing the .pdf. It is only after creating the .pdf that the end product prints blurry.
Expert:  Jason Carlamere replied 1 year ago.

Hello - My name is Jason. Have you tried to create the PDF directly from within you autocad program ?

To convert your DWG file to PDF from AutoCAD:

1. Open AutoCAD and click on the Autocad logo button then Open (or press Ctrl+O), browse for the dwg file you want to convert to PDF and click Open
  2. You can print to PDF either from the Model view (your working area) or by using a predefined Layout. Click on the Autocad logo then Print (or press Ctrl+P) and configure your printing options:
    a. In the Plot Area select what you want to convert : Display, Window, Layout or Extents
    b. Choose your paper type from the Paper size dropdown list and in the Plot Scale section select the scale of the printed drawing from the dropdown list
  3. From the Printer/plotter section select novaPDF
  4. Before converting the dwg file you can customize AutoCAD’s printing settings from the Properties button. To customize novaPDF’s printing settings, click on Properties->Custom Printing options from the Plot window
  5. Click on OK and choose a location where you want the PDF file saved
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats exactly what I'm doing. I plot directly from autocad. The printer/plotter is set to DWG TO PDF.pc3
I've always done it this way. But only recently do I notice the blurred text during viewing.

Hello - I apologize in advance if I suggest something that you have tried.

Have you attempted to solve the issue by increasing the PDF settings.

....Chose DWG to PDF.pc3

-Go to Properties

-device document settings tab

-Custom properties

-Increase resolution and capture all fonts.