Joe-S
Joe-S, Systems Specialist
Experience:  Systems Administrator at Fortune 50 Company
68269981

Can I run Eudora on Windows 7?

Customer Question

Can I run Eudora on Windows 7 ?
Category: Software
Expert:  Joe-S replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

.

Eudora does work with Windows 7, BUT not out of the box. In order to make it work you need to install it making sure you change some settings for the user files.

.

Windows 7 and Vista don't allow programs to store data files in the location that Eudora 7 wants to use. You will need to install it following these instructions:

1. First Un-install it if you already have installed it on your computer. (I can provide instructions if needed) and re-install Eudora.
  2. Reinstall Eudora and when it asks you to chose a data folder, select C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Qualcomm\Eudora
  3. If it doesn't ask you to choose, change the folder before running Eudora for the first time:
    • Right-click the Eudora shortcut on your desktop
    • Click Properties .
    • Set the Start in: folder to "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Roaming\Eudora

If this answers your question, then please rate my service. If you have any additional questions on this matter then please reply back.

.

--Joe

Expert:  Joe-S replied 11 months ago.

I must clarify my response. This issue pertains to Eudora 7. If you are using a newer version of Eudora then you may not have this issue.

.

--Joe