Joe-S
Joe-S, Systems Specialist
Experience:  Systems Administrator at Fortune 50 Company
68269981

I have adobe professional 11. went online today to Fed Ex

Customer Question

I have adobe professional 11. went online today to Fed Ex website tried to download a form, when all of a sudden I get this grid like pattern showing up on the document. Ther grid like back pattern is now showing up on everything Ihave filed in adobe. Thankfully, the design does not show when doc is printed but I need to get rid if it.
Category: Software
Expert:  Joe-S replied 11 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be helping you today.

.

I have a few things for you to try but I have a couple of questions for you first:

- When you say Adobe Professional I'm assuming you mean Adobe Acrobat Pro? Is that correct?

- What version Windows are you running?

- Did you recently install any programs or update any system drivers lately

.

Please reply back so I can give you the best solutions?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Acrobat Pro
windows 7
Not intentionally, no.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Looks almost like a tartan pattern.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are you there at all?
Expert:  Joe-S replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for the information.

Often problems like this are the result of a video driver or other application has caused a problem with the display. The first easiest way of putting things back to normal would be to perform a system restore to a point in time that you know it was working. If you're not familiar with this process, I've included steps below. This may (or may not) resolve the issue, but its a first step.

.

To restore system files and settings using a specific restore point

1. Open System Restore by clicking the Start button. In the search box, type System Restore, and then, in the list of results, click System Restore.‍ If you're prompted for an administrator password ***** confirmation, type the password ***** provide confirmation.

2. Do one of the following:

• If there is a recommended restore point, click Choose a different restore point, and then click Next.

• If there isn't a recommended restore point, click Next.

3. Click the restore point that you want, and then click Next.

To view the programs and drivers that will be affected (which could include programs that will be deleted), click Scan for affected programs

If this fixes the issue then we are done, if not, please reply back and we can try a few other things.

--Joe

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please give me a status. If I do not hear from you in five minutes, I will assume this is not being handled and cancel the order.
Expert:  Joe-S replied 11 months ago.

You should have received my last reply with instruction on how to perform a system restore.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tried it. Nothing changed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Please advise.
Expert:  Joe-S replied 11 months ago.

Next option is to perform a repair of Adobe Acrobat.

Click on the start button, select control panel, and then select Programs and Features.

Highlight Adobe Acrobat and select Change. You should be presented with an option to Repair the installation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tried it. Nothing.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am not satisfied. I think we are going in circles. I am signing off. Please do not charge me.