Gary Jensen
Gary Jensen,
Experience:  Functional Systems Administrator at Hill Air Force Base, OO-ALC/309SMXG
13452844

When I try to update my PS4, I get an error message "can not

Customer Question

When I try to update my PS4, I get an error message "can not download software update." I'm not sure what this means or how I can proceed.. Please advise. Thank you..Tyler
Category: Software
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The pc I am working off is in another room from the PS4.. It would be a great help to everyone if you could call me at(###) ###-#### ***** are in MA.. Thank you..Richard
Expert:  Gary Jensen replied 11 months ago.
  • Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I have found that it is often easier to download the update using your computer onto a thumb drive (needs to formatted to FAT32 format).
  • Create the following folders on the thumb drive. On the root of the drive create a folder named PS4, then double-click into the PS4 folder and create a folder named UPDATE. I am going to send you two links. The first is the link to download the latest update (it should be named PS4UPDATE.PSP). Make sure that this file is copied to the UPDATE folder on your thumb drive.
  • If the PS4 is on, power it off.
  • Plug the USB drive into your new PlayStation. Power on the system.
  • The PS4 will boot into Safe Mode where we can now update the system via the file on our USB drive.

Here are the links:

Latest Update: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/#update-internet

If you want to reinstall from scratch, the following link will describe how to do that and provide a download:

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/support/system-updates/ps4/#newinstallation

I would only do this if the update doesn't seem to work.

If the solution above fixes your problem, please don't forget to rate my service (Excellent, Good and OK will allow me to be compensated for assisting you). If it doesn't, please let me know and I will continue working with you until we resolve the problem.

I would be happy to call you, but please be aware that this is an additional service which requires an additional fee. I will send you an offer for this additional assistance. Just accept it if you would like the phone assistance.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi there,

This is Gary from JustAnswer. Just checking in to find out if you were able to update your PS4. Please let me know how it went and if you need additional assistance.

Thanks