The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Software Engineer
Experience:  20 years experience providing remote computer support
62934938

Google chrome page only occupies 2/3 of the screen from

Customer Question

Google chrome page only occupies 2/3 of the screen from right to left: no scroll controls visible
Category: Software
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you

Sir have you tried dragging the edge of the chrome browser?

What happens when you click on the maximize in the chrome right top corner or is that also not visible?

Which is the operating system installed in the PC.Is it windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7, windows 8, Windows 10 or any other

Sincerely,

Note: - Please keep this conversation/Chat page opened to view my replies quickly. To reply back to me use the reply box below. You will also get email notification in your email too.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** am extremely inexpert in these matters. I cannot drag the page to the left. Right top corner is not visible. The operating system is Windows 7 Professional.
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

You are welcome sir and thank you for the details.

May i remote access to your PC and check the issue you are facing directly. It’s secure and also you can see what all I am doing in the PC. Let me know so that I can give you the link to do that.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
By all means, please do.
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

Thank you please click on this link http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=f184f8e7-e121-40bd-9543-e8dbcc655d1c that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
there is no "I agee" visible. Same problem - only 1/3 of screen occupied.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Sorry - only right 2/3 of screen is visible.
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

OK click inside the remote desktop page then use the arrow keys to go up,down ,left and right,see if that helps you navigate in the page.

Let me know.

Sincerely,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
what is the remote desktop page?
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

When you click on the link i gave above it will open a page which says "Join Your Remote Desktop Session" that is what i meant by remote desktop page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The remote desktop page allows no scrolling or other communication. It occupies only a part of the screen.
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

OK then can you open Internet explorer web browser or is it also have the same issue like chrome?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can open my internet explorer web browser - it does not hav e the same google problem. I will do so now.
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

OK once you have opened internet explorer let me know i will give you remote desktop web address and you can type in it and run it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just did and nothing happened. I am going to end this session now and will consult someone else.
Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

No wait i asked you to open Internet explorer so that we can open remote support page in it .Please type this web address in the address bar of Internet explorer http://tinyurl.com/hpgu256 then press enter to run it. that will open remote desktop session page in that page click on I Agree, then you will get Elisnore Screen Connect Client download and run it.if it asks for User Account Control click on Yes that will allow me to connect once I am connected to your PC I will post a message using the remote chat screen. If you have any trouble connecting please let me know. Do not close this Chat/Q&A page.

Expert:  The-PC-Guy replied 11 months ago.

I am sorry for the trouble you are having.

Try this. On your chrome browser. Click anywhere in the webpage to make sure you have it selected.

Then press "alt" + "space bar" on your keyboard at the same time.

the let go of those keys and press "x" on your keyboard, that should restore the window back to full screen.

If this solution worked for you then please don't forget to rate my answer so I am paid for my time.

Expert:  John replied 11 months ago.

It seems like another expert had provided an answer to you so please try that and if it worked rate him,if not please let him know about it in this page and he will continue helping you.

Sincerely,

Expert:  AABHA PANDEY replied 11 months ago.

Hello,My Name is***** tried accepting your phone request. It is not working.

I have couple of questions for you.

1. Did you recently install/Update any software? Specifically any firewall or antivirus.

2. Did you try restarting your computer/laptop?

3. If you do have some time, you can try reinstalling chrome.

please try and do what i instructed. No need for remote support or reinstalling anything