Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Sibelius 7.1.3 music composing software program now does not

Customer Question

Sibelius 7.1.3 music composing software program now does not work and let me register on my iMac that i bought about 5 months ago. Sib gives me a nonsensical instruction window that is meaningless and non functional.
I already explained this in my initial memo to you folks.
thanks
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I will be the person helping you today.

I can see that you may need a little bit of extra help.

May I ask if you still need help with this problem? If so, may I start a screen sharing session on your computer and help you resolve the problem?

Once the remote session begins, we will be able to communicate via a chat window on your computer.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
that sounds fine
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is the total charge?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not know where you are going with the total! thanks!

Hello, the total will be what you already paid plus the $45 charge for the remote. That will be the total charges.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well it keeps growing and i do not know you, so lets stick with the original cost and you can please utilize your expertise to solve the problem by this email....otherwise i can speak with Avid tomorrow. let me know and thanks

I very much understand. It looks like you have created more than one task for the same problem. The final charge will only be what I stated earlier. I understand that you don't wish for me to remote into your system and fix this for you. Please, tell me more about your problem. "What" happens and which information are you given when you attempt to register?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am also not sure what i have already paid, under the presumption and your representation that if my situation is not solved that i pay nothing. all i am trying to do is get Sibelius to license and function-should not be difficult

Thank you for the update. I agree that it should not be difficult as most things on the computer should not be difficult; however, as you know that is not always the case if something is throwing errors. You have a problem on the computer and wish for me to fix it. Before I can do so, I will need for you to give me all the information regarding this problem that you have.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i just pressed the call me button for an addition of $20.00
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1 XXX-XXX-XXXX

I do not see that you sent in the request for a phone call. I do not make calls out and I do not see how a phone call would be able to help. The option to be called requires another charge. If we use the remote option, we will be able to communicate via a chat window that will appear during the remote.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if we solve the problem, i pay you, and if we do not then there is not a charge correct-just clarifying as that is what your home page says.

Yes, that is 100% correct. Our service is guaranteed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i pressed the call me button because your company offered it to me for $20.00. But you say you do not make outgoing calls?
ok screen share me....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cancel everything please. I just received a call from my bank's fraud department about your company and the charges. you have too many moving parts, and are attempting to gather too much information about me, and your methodology of adding on charges is a misrepresentation of your home page layout of costs. I have not received any assistance to my problem and thank you for reversing any and all charges immediately.

I am confused. You have been a customer with this website for a few years. Your bank is wrong. However, I respect your choice. I will cancel this for you.