Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I am getting a message "Error accessing the system registry"

Customer Question

I am getting a message "Error accessing the system registry" when I attempt to load some software.
can you help or direct me to someone who can?
thanks!
Category: Software
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** - Computer Expert.

Please tell me which Windows version you are using, and if possible, the name of the program you are installing.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
windows 7 and the program is Peachtree Accounting.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Thanks for the information!

If you are installing Peachtree Accounting from a CD, please copy all the contents from the CD to a new folder on desktop, and then right-click on the setup file and select Run as administrator.

Let me know if it will install.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have tried to copy the CD but nothing happens. I am not tech savvy but if you can lead me through this I would appreciate it.
can this be fixed? this all started because of that Windows 10 crap.
thanks!
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello again!

It is possible that the version of Peachtree Accounting you are installing is not compatible with Windows 10; however I could check that via remote desktop session. That way I will be able to see the problem myself and help you solve it.

Would you like that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
they tell me that it is not. so I purchase a computer running windows 7 and I am trying to now install it. when I try and copy the CD nothing is happening. what am I doing wrong?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
why am I getting no assistance? is this all about more money?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Since there could be several possible causes of the problem, I suggest we establish a remote desktop session so that I can see the problem myself and help you directly.

Let me if you would like that.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the problem is that this is a stand alone system with no internet connection. I still am unable to insert the disk
and make a copy to the desktop. what am I doing wrong or is this bad advice?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

How did you attempt to install the program the first time - via disk or some other way?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just inserted the disc into the drive and then I received the message "error accessing the system registry".p.s. I think that I have a net gear up and running so maybe a remote can be done.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
now it will not connect.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

In order for me to connect to your computer, you need to download a remote desktop connection program and start it.

We can use TeamViewer. Here are the instructions:

1. Click on the link below to download it:

http://connect.teamviewer.com/v11

2. TeamViewer file will automatically start downloading. Once done, locate the file and double-click it in order to start it. The file is named TeamViewerQS

3. When started, you will see the blue TeamViewer window that contains numbers - ID and Password. Type those numbers here so that I can connect to your computer

Thanks,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am unable to get a connection. I am back to trying to make the copy, or is that not a feasible solution?
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

I am not sure what the cause of the problem is. I suggested copying the files to a new folder on desktop and then installing the program.

Are you able to do that?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
for five hours that is what I have tried to tell you. I could not make the copy. I was able to research the problem on the internet and they had me run the program through the start menu. I must say that you organization was unable to assist in any way whatsoever and I will demand a full refund. I wish that this had of been a more enjoyable experience.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Is the problem now solved?