Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

I'm online but I can't find finder, preferences, actually I

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, I'm online but I can't find finder, preferences, actually I can't find anything. I think I accidently deleted
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have a mac pro, I was playing when I shouldn't have. I honestly don't know how to explain. I can't shut off the mac without pushing the button
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $36) to post your type of question to Mac Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: There's nothing on desktop sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is this? I thought u said you would answer, now I get someone will email me, how?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

You may have accidentally hidden finder. Try this:

Close all finder windows so when you click the finder icon it opens a new finder window, one with no sidebar. Then go View>Show Toolbar

Then once the toolbar is enabled, the view/hide sidebar toggle becomes activated in that same menu.

If all you are seeing is favorites on the sidebar? Move your mouse a little to the right of it, until it says "Show" and press it.

Let me know if that helps, or if you need additional assistance.