Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

How do I change from landscape to portrait mode on iPad pro

Customer Question

How do I change from landscape to portrait mode on iPad pro and be able to keep rotating views as on past iPads?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome Ray

Do you mean you want to force the iPad to a particular mode, but allow it to rotate? Sorry it was not exactly clear what you meant.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, yes as of now I'm stuck in landscape mode but wish to change to portrait. After doing so, I would like to know if I can remain in an an auto mode where the screen will switch depending on my angle of view. I hope that makes the question simpler to understand.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks

Double tap the home button to bring up the recents tray. Swipe to the right and you will see the screen icon lock on the left. Unlock it and tap the home button again and you are done.

The screen will then switch based on your orientation.

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you