Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Experience:  Java, iOS, VB.net, SQL, C+, C++, Obj C
68869132

Need help with Lightroom. I have LR 3.0. Can you confirm

Customer Question

Need help with Lightroom. I have LR 3.0. Can you confirm that it is NOT compatible with Yosemite? I had to upgrade my operating system on my IMac, and now LR will not import my photos. It is not even recognizing my Nikon D700. HELP!!!!
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

There is a compatibility issue, in your apple menu under "get info" what OS version do you have example: I have 10.9.2 on mine. If you have 10.10 there, you will have issues with compatibility. The newest compatible version is 10.10.2. (The patch at 10.10.2 corrected many of the compatibility issues in Lightroom, but is still not perfect) as of 10.10.0 Apple has decided to nix the support for Aperture, iPhotos, and a number of other things that Lightroom tends to depend on, including some of the handling for importing camera raw files. Apple customer support was a good idea but I would recommend going back to the older system if you do not require the update for something critical to run. (I have not updated my Mac past 10.9.2, as I have no programs forcing me to update to remain functional, for example.)