Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

In Windows 8.1 running Processes, what is the purpose of

Customer Question

In Windows 8.1 running Processes, what is the purpose of Transition.exe and Transitionserver.exe? I use Excel in Windows Office 10, both under Win 8.1 and on another machine under Win 7. Transition seems to have something to do with this but I cannot find
details. Transition does use memory so I also want to know if I need it. (I also use Lotus123. That might be irrelevant to this question.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 12 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

It is a Lenovo process used by the program Lenovo Transition.

Its used for the operation of hardware and unless you do not have a Lenovo, I strongly recommend you leave it as somethings will not function as well (like the keyboard not disabling when the cover is closed).

It is a safe and normal process for Lenovo, so unless you do not have a Lenovo computer (let me know if you do not) then please leave it running on the system.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you