Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I was 14 chapters in using easy writer 2.3 got a error

Customer Question

I was 14 chapters in using easy writer 2.3 got a error warning abruptly and program shut down'it took all my previous saved chapters somewhere un known,I did not have my external sd card in'can I retrieve my book
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

If the device used was a smartphone, and the memory card wasn't in the smartphone, then you may have lost the entire edit, I'm sorry to have to say. Recovery off memory in such a device is expensive and cannot be done by anything less than an expensive technical facility.

But... in case the details might suggest something more hopeful... please tell me what smartphone (or other device) you were running EasyWriter on, exactly, and what Android or iOS or other version was on it.

And be advised: you always need to

Save

Work

Frequently

when typing in something (other than one-page-or-less stuff) or it may be lost, at any moment.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
polaroid tablet model # ***** 901
android version : 4.0.4
Expert:  Russell H. replied 12 months ago.

Try this free data recovery utility:

http://www.easeus.com/android-data-recovery-software/free-android-data-recovery.html

Perhaps there are 'working file' fragments or similar artifacts still in your tablet's memory or storage, that it can find.