hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician since 2007
40928634

I have Adobe\acrobat X 10.0 orig installation 2011 and

Customer Question

I have Adobe\acrobat X 10.0 orig installation 2011 and updated to latest updates. 10.1.16
I use it to print civil drawing .pdf and have not had any issues to speak of that I could not work out until today.
Today for the 1st time I am getting the errors(which I see informs is a huge headache.)
on a file that I 1st downloaded from isqft and then requested via e-mail direct from the general contractor. I can print any other .pdfs that I have on file. and have printed them since I got the err msg when trying to print this particular file.
I went to adobe.com/get support and have followed those instructions to the point of-
Checking printing files (preflight inspection) for syntax-related issues (problems in programming code). I do not have Print Production on my Tools menu ? so I can not complete the preflight troubleshoot step. I have completed all the others.
I believe the problem is with the physical file and I should tell the General Contractor that unless they can send a file I can print- we cannot bid the work.
What other trouble shooting do you suggest? Do you know any fix ?
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 12 months ago.

Hello! Of course! First things first, can you open the PDF in question in Acrobat? If you can view it, you should be able to convert it. I like to use simple online conversion, but you can choose any method, including Adobe "save as" or "save to file" functions.

Here is a simple online conversion site that you upload and convert on.

http://www.pdfonline.com/pdf-to-word-converter/

Print Production is hidden by default, should be in the panel "Tools" under the dropdown menu (is only available with Acrobat PRO)

If you have the option, I would ask for another PDF, just to be sure it is not corruption in the document.

If you had no further questions, thank you for using Just Answers, and please don't forget to accept and rate! :)

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Conversion was not an option.
I will not be replying to your inquires again.
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 11 months ago.

Very well, if you would like a refund for this question, please state so, otherwise I am stepping aside to let others attempt to answer this.

Expert:  hongkongpom replied 11 months ago.

Hello there since you have already tried the prescribed troubleshooting methods, are you able to send me the file so that I can see if I get the aforementioned error message please? If you agree, you can attach it to your reply by pressing the paperclip icon on the menu bar.