Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Experience:  Java, iOS, VB.net, SQL, C+, C++, Obj C
68869132

Microsoft Project 2010 - I have already input a full project

Customer Question

Microsoft Project 2010 - I have already input a full project with tasks, durations and dependencies. I also have baselined it. I want to track actuals against it using the Work data sheet and schedule/mark on track feature. I am unable to get the project
information into the Work data sheet.
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Work Data Sheet is not a structure of Project, are you talking about the Work Breakdown Structure? (WBS) as far as "getting the information into it" I am assuming you have a separate template or document with the data from the completed job to look over. Manually enter the changes, there is no easier way! If I am incorrect please clarify!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry - work table
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have all of the information in the project - it is just not going to the Work Table where I want to track actuals..

Ah, so you need one of these!

http://www.web-enable.com/industry/ms_project_tutorial/lesson5.asp

See the link above for the lesson on tracking in MS Project, should get you where you need to go! :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Getting coser - this is helpful. But I need to be able to modify the actuals and that the plan should adjust based on the predecessors - e.g., I have a task that is originally scheduled for 12/03, and the actual is 12/04 - the actual should move the project out an additional day because of the depdendencies

File>>Options>Schedule-Calculation check to see that "calculate project after each edit" is checked