Maurice
Maurice, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Microsoft Certified Professional, HP Certified Hardware Engineer, 20 years of hands-on experience
32995637

Trouble running adobe products

Customer Question

Trouble running adobe products
Category: Software
Expert:  Maurice replied 1 year ago.

tell me more about what's happening? thanks, maurice

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First of all, I am imac OS X . Not only does the programs crash,
If I try to highlight them (even pdf format) the type area will go white.
Sometimes it will crash, sometimes it just comes back.
Expert:  Maurice replied 1 year ago.

so you have wiped your mac and reloaded el capitan, and all the programs, and the problem is still there? do you have all the latest adobe patches for 10.11.1 (el capitan)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have loaded all the updates. Also I don't feel like paying another $30 for tech support.
I have already paid ITOK ($100+) to remote in and they never could fix it. Like I said, I have been to
the Apple store and they have ran tests on the computer and says all is well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have to leave for a couple of hours. I will check back to see if you have any ideas.
Thanks,
Shellie
Expert:  Maurice replied 1 year ago.

Shellie, you should ask for a refund from ITOK if they couldn't fix it. No need to pay any extra here, it was jsut an option to remote it as it sometimes makes it easier, but i should hopefully be able to help you regardless. Is the problem intermittent? Which Adobe program speciffically is causing you trouble? Give me the exact build number, please? Many thanks, Maurice

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Adobe Suite 6 - The problems are with InDesign. It is not the suite that I am required
to pay a monthly charge. I bought the program. We are a weekly newspaper and it seems
after a few hours it just does weird things. Like make the type go blank. or the pointer button with grow.
Weird.... thanks for you help. I will check back later.
Expert:  Maurice replied 1 year ago.

I would suggest to re-create Adobe application preferences, here are the steps:

Re-create the Adobe application preferences file to eliminate problems that a damaged preferences file can cause.

The main preferences file is called "Adobe [Product Name] [Product Version] Prefs.psp."

On Mac OS, the preference file is found at:
/Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences/Adobe [Product Name] [Product Version] Settings/Adobe [Product Name] [Product Version] Prefs.psp

Important: The user library folder is hidden by default in Mac OS X 10.7 and later. See Access hidden user library files.

If you need a quick way to reset your preferences, you can do that in many Adobe applications using a keyboard shortcut while launching the product. Hold CMD-SHIFT-OPTION immediately after you double-click the application icon.

See this video for a walkthrough on resetting Photoshop's preferences: How to Reset Photoshop CS6’s Preferences File

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, so after I do this how do I find my style sheets and library that are associated with the template that I use each week?
I do not think they are the problem, because the library was created after the hard drive reformat.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I know that malware can be a real problem. Is there a program you would suggest to make sure I have cleaned off all of the malware that I am aware of?
Expert:  Maurice replied 1 year ago.

for mac, i would suggest sophos home - https://www.sophos.com/en-us/lp/sophos-home.aspx

regards, maurice

Expert:  Maurice replied 1 year ago.

I hope you have managed to sort the problem out, if not, please let me know. All the best, Maurice