Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in installing and problem fixing of softwares.
50064670

Adobe lightroom on import will not convert some raw files to

Customer Question

adobe lightroom on import will not convert some raw files to dng. First files in a group are dngs, then it starts bringing them in as CRW (Canon Raw) with xmp files. How do I get it to import the entire collection as DNG? Is this a bug?
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

This is a bug! To import to DNG from a batch or file full of images, you have to make sure none of them are DNG when you start, and make sure they are not converted raw images. The recommended best method here is do the import as original raw jpeg (if that is the file format) and then do the post-import conversion to DNG see the following link for more information, and pay special attention to the section: "Converting to DNG after import"

http://www.adobepress.com/articles/article.asp?p=1843394&seqNum=2

**You may need to copy this link to your browser address bar***

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am importing ONLY Canon raw files. Straight out of camera. Not JPGs. Lightroom begins the import by converting the raw files to DNGs but then about halfway through it just imports the files into LR but does not convert them to DNGs. That is my issue. Can you help with this or should I request a refund?

I do not attempt to answer what I cannot; however, I am no miracle worker, though some days it may seem so. Probably a stupid question, but have you tried copying the files to the computer BEFORE importing? A number of things could be mucking up the import, eliminate the variables. If you wish, I can submit a refund request at your request, otherwise, I am opting out to allow others a chance to see this question.

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins