Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Experience:  Java, iOS, VB.net, SQL, C+, C++, Obj C
68869132

I have made a 16 page brochure, legal size paper (full

Customer Question

I have made a 16 page brochure, legal size paper (full spread) i.e. each individual page is half legal, for print in InDesign cc2015 and I am having major issues getting it to print. I have created similar documents with my old IDcs3 program in tabloid size and printed with no issues. I have tried printing from both the PDF and the print booklet option straight from ID and the document is not tiling correctly and flipping on the long side no matter what options I am picking. I have tried to recreate the document in a new file and create the document on on full size page rather than the 1/2 legal page. Any ideas?
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

It sounds like a formatting error or corruption of some sort. See the following link for the steps to troubleshoot this issue, paying special attention to numbers 2, 4, and 7. These are not step-by step instructions but separate individual things to check.

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/troubleshoot-printing-problems-indesign.html

For the two sided options, Go "PRINT" >>"Printers">>There should be an option for 2-sided or Duplex there. On that same screen there should be an option to "flip vertical"

It may be necessary to "impose" the booklet for printing, and you can find all the instructions and a nice video on that process at this link:

https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/using/printing-booklets.html#impose_a_document_for_booklet_printing

Let me know if you have further questions and don't forget to rate and accept! :)

Please don't forget to rate and accept! I do not get paid until you do! :)