Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I purchased rosetta stone through Amazon. I am in China and

Customer Question

I purchased rosetta stone through Amazon.
I am in China and because I had difficulty in downloading on my ipad, I downloaded a demo through the Apple store.
I assumed that I could add the activation code to the downloaded demo; but I cannot find where to add the activation code.
Can you help me?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Rosetta stone on Amazon is only for the computer, its not a purchase you use on the iPad.

It is a different purchase altogether. iPad purchases you only do within the iPad App store or the App itself, it is never done via another site such as Amazon.

Whats happened is you purchase Rosetta for either Mac or PC and you need to download and install it on this.

The iPad is not linked to this, and for Rosetta on the iPad you purchase it within the app itself Jose.

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hear you. But I have purchased Rosetta Stone, for PC only, on Amazon and downloaded it on an Apple computer, OS.
There must be a way to transfer the files.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No sorry, the iPad is only going to run an App, from the App Store, you cannot use the download from Amazon. If it ran on an Apple Computer it was an Mac version of Rosetta as PC programs cannot run on a Mac. It will have auto detected it, but this is in no way linked to the iPad, both Mac and PC files can in no way run on an iPad.