Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Experience:  Java, iOS, VB.net, SQL, C+, C++, Obj C
68869132

This all began (the compute problem and now I discover and

Customer Question

This all began (the compute problem and now I discover and printer problem) when I downloaded Windows 11. I didn't realalize I would loose my contacts in e-mail and now I can't print anything. I am a senior and I'm not able to know why the downloading
Windows would cause all this trouble. I had Elite II work on the computer but they charged me an outrageous price and not what they told me it would be. Otherwise, I think they took advantage of me as there were not that many problems with the computer other
than losing my contacts.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess the smart thing would have been, do not download Windows 11 when Windows 8 is working fine. I did not realize the download would foul up the computer and printer when they were working fine. I am in my 80's, like working on the computer for my on-line banking and google to look up things. I do very little e-mail. I also write letters on Word. However, my printer is important for my files.
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

Windows 11? I certainly hope you mean Windows 10! If you truly downloaded a Windows 11 from somewhere, you have a virus. I would recommend scanning with malwarebytes to start. You can download that free at www.malwarebytes.org. If you downloaded windows 10, you will need to download the drivers associated with the devices in question. (Drivers are the program parts that allow the computer and printer to talk to each other. Usually they can be found by going to the support page at the manufacturers website. If your printer is an HP printer, www.HP.com, for example. As far as lost contacts, if its a virus they may be recoverable, if not they are gone. Let me know if you have any further questions or are in need of any instructions!