Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have McAfee security on my laptop. Since then, I have

Customer Question

I have McAfee security on my laptop. Since then, I have tried to access my computer as an Administrator to install updates on other non-McAfee programs such as Apple update, Adobe Acrobat, etc. However, when I try to do so my access is denied. I am wondering if the security system is preventing me from doing this. Is this possible and if so, I do I access my Administrator to install the updates?
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, or 10?

Also, is your user account an Administrator account or a standard user?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am using Windows 7 professional
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

If your user account is just a standard user, not an "Administrator", then I believe that is causing this problem. Definitely, this is not caused by your McAfee security software.

Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly check and fix the issue while you watch?

Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.

Please let me know if you want this remote option.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. Please do not charge my card and refund the charge to my credit card. Thank you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry if I was not able to help.

Here is the link about refunding:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

If you need assistance in the future, please let me know. I will be happy to help.

Best regards,

Jess