Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Experience:  Java, iOS, VB.net, SQL, C+, C++, Obj C
68869132

On my Microsoft Surface 3 when using Google Chrome (only),

Customer Question

On my Microsoft Surface 3 when using Google Chrome (only), my mouse disappears. Using Windows 8.
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Try this and let me know how you get on!

Go to address bar in Chrome and type chrome://flags/#disable-direct-write. There you will see the option to disable DirectWrite. There is a known error with Directwrite on the surface related to chrome. Shut it off and restart the browser (or computer or both). Let me know if this fails to solve the issue!

If you have trouble getting that pesky address bar to let you write with the missing mouse press "Tab" key on keyboard until the address bar lights up in blue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, I've input this into Chrome. The page there has direct write and next to it a hyperlink that says ENABLE (so I disabled it or it was already disabled?).Restarted Chrome...no change....am restarting computer now....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
restarting computer worked...thanks!

Excellent! You are very welcome, if you have further questions, feel free to ask, otherwise please don't forget to accept and rate! :)