Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

My datashack dedicated blade server went down. They replaced

Customer Question

My datashack dedicated blade server went down. They replaced the server, but it is not managed so I have to copy the files over myself. How do I do that? Can I clone the drive directly using dd, or would I only be able to get the files off the individual
accounts? Running DirectAdmin on CentOS 64-bit.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need to get this done within 24 hours before they said they'd disconnect the old drive.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hi there, in this it is best to have remote hands. Since they replaced your blade and you have a fresh OS you will need to manually copy over the data you need manually, as well as create all user accounts etc. I'd ask them for more time. Did you have any type of back ups going?