Shefin, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Software to clone harddisk

Customer Question

Software to clone harddisk
Category: Software
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Please be informed that, if you change to a different motherboard (with a new computer), even if you then install on it ALL the extra parts your old system has, the new motherboard itself has a whole bunch of new devices, and does NOT have some of the old motherboard's devices. So when you try to boot up the first time, Windows loads all the drivers it has - for the OLD motherboard - and tries to run. But it has the WRONG device drivers now! What happens? Well, usually something fails. If you're lucky it sort of works, but often it does not. This is happening even if you clone the hard drive.

The best option is to install Windows on the new drive, connect the old drive as secondary drive, and ether use the old hard drive as secondary, or transfer the data to new hard drive.

However, you can try the cloning software from the link below.

http://www.backup-utility.com/download.html

Or http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

If the issue persists, or you have any questions, please be back and let me know.

If you appreciate my service, please rate it EXCELLENT by clicking the EXCELLENT (5 Stars) and Submit. My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business!

Thank you!
S H E F I N

Please try

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Shefin,

This is the same computer not a different laptop .Only the hard disk capacity is increased .

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried cloning using the new software I have given?

If the old hard drive is working fine, have you tried the new drive as secondary, instead of cloning it?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes i have tried it but i have not tried with the software you have given . I will try this software and reply to you tomorrow morning .

Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Take your time and let me know the result.

Thank you.

S H E F I N