Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

With My USB Ports I Have Windows 7 & Only 1 Port works

Customer Question

Hi There Im Having Troubles With My USB Ports I Have Windows 7 & Only 1 Port works is there a way 2 get all 3 Ports 2 Work Thanks Very Much Josh
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there Josh and welcome

How long ago did the ports stop working? And how are you testing them?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Always Been Like That , I Am using WIndows 8.1 But Going to Format 2 Windows 7 Thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, if your going to format 2 windows 7 then I would do this first Josh as this is the easiest method for you to see if it is a hardware or software issue.

do the format to windows 7 and then see if they resume working and you will then know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What Is The Easiest Way?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Put in a windows 7 disk, restart the computer, keep tapping anykey until the disk loads and install windows*****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But Only 1 Works In Windows 7 is there a way to get 3 of them 2 work?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Josh, this is what you said before

"Always Been Like That , I Am using WIndows 8.1 But Going to Format 2 Windows 7 Thanks"

So your now not using windows 8.1 and that was not correct what you told me?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I Know that they dont work because i had windows 7 before on this computer
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, but data corruption can cause this so go ahead with the format 2 windows as you said you were going to do please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but why! They Dont Work On Windows 7 & Why Is That They Should Work In Any Operating System
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Josh, is this try what you told me or not?

I Am using WIndows 8.1 But Going to Format 2 Windows 7 Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry Thats A Typo!! I Ment I Have Windows 8.1 So Can U Help Me?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok.... well then please answer my original question, as if you respond like this it only confuses the situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Im Using A Laptop With Windows 8.1 I Have USB Flash Drives & Only 1 Works The Port I Mean They Dont work with 7
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Sorry do not understand your response Josh

Can you please carefully read my message and respond to the questions I am asking

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It Is Crucial That I Have These Ports Working I Am Selling My Computer & Sorry I Dont Have $55 Dollars To Spend
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No problem Josh, when your able to answer the question I keep asking, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Have Used Windows 7 In The Past & I Plug In A USB Flash Drive & It Doesnt Work There Is Only 1 USB Port That Works So I Used Windows 8.1 & All The Ports Work Fine Is There A Way In Windows 7 To Have All Ports Working Thank You Richard. Josh
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

If it does work in windows 8.1 and does not work in windows 7 then the issue is a compatibility issue and you will have to use the computer with windows 8 to have them all working. You wont get around this, just provide it with windows 8 to the buyer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your saying there are no way to fix them on 7??
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

No, as its a compatibility issue, there are no drivers for this as it uses windows built in drivers and the windows 7 drivers are not compatible. The only way to change this is to change windows which you did via windows 8.1

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Then Is There A Software That Can Change All The Icons In My User Folder ( Documents, Music , Videos ECT) For Windows 8.1 As Icon Packager Doesnt Work On Windows 8.1
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Can you rate me on this question and make a new question from this please Josh.

Also, did you need anything else on this question?

http://www.justanswer.com/software/9enn6-want-know-delete-steam-account-wipe.html