Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

I am in deep doodoo. with the problems of the Quark

Customer Question

I am in deep doodoo. This is Lou with the problems of the Quark crashing, a difference between the Quark on the screen printed and the Quark PDF printed. A new problem emerged. When I printed a sheet with 12 pictures on it, only one picture showed up.
So I decided to do what you suggested, I trashed Quark,(I did not uninstall it) put in my installation disk and it won't let me install. I brought Quark out of the trash and it is now an alias so I can't work with it.
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

Is there an original version of it still in the trash?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no I took it out of the trash and put it in the folder but it has "alias" and it won't open
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hooray! I checked the application folder and was able to revive it from there.
Now let's address the other problems.
How do we stop the crashes? Why is the printout not the same as what I've put into the file?
If my program is infected, how do we clean it up?
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

I'll let the other expert finish here, but i've been seeing some issues with quark lately, i think there are some issues with version 9. Glad you got your file back. There are some patches that may help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You gave me the patch and it didn't work.
Glad to see you back,itgurukitty!
Think we'll ever solve this problem?@
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

aw had no idea it was you. Honestly, i think it's the software makers problem, there are far to many complaints across diff operating systems simulacra to yours. I've worked for software companies before, and they don't always do the right thing and fix the bugs they need to fix, instead they push out newer builds and expect people to buy them, which sadly often works. If i were you, id contact quark and expect a canned unhelpful response, probably sending you to the patch i had sent you to previously.

With that said, if i had access to any other system that can run the version of quark you have, i would with out hesitation install it there and see if the same thing happens again, ruling out anything on your machine. I would also make sure permissions are set correctly on your OS, and i'm pretty sure they are. Again, if you have access to a friend system or maybe even installing a VMware instance on your machine running the same OS and try a reinstall.

Sorry there was no fast answer, that's how it goes sometime. Trying different installs is likely your best way to find a temp fix.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. A new interesting problem has emerged. I brought 2 pictures in from iphoto and accidently named them incorrectly. When I brought them into Quark I saw that I had made an error so I swapped the pictures. When I printed the page the original incorrect pictures were there. I renamed the pictures in my database and brought them in to the correct slots. One of the pictures was correct. The other picture, even though I was importing the correct picture, kept importing the picture with the original incorrect name. I had to delete the picture from my data and re-import it from iphoto. Then, and only then, could I get the correct picture into my document. I think Quark is trying to drive me crazy!
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Sounds plausible. This might be a good enough reason to back up and start from scratch making sure you don't have duplicates and what not. Agree?

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Please don't forget to leave a rating.