Mr.Med
Mr.Med, software engineer
Experience:  if you have any questions about softwares please contact me
76221641

I have an Acer laptop Windows 7 and I think I need some help

Customer Question

Hello Guys,
I have an Acer laptop Windows 7 and I think I need some help with a startup repair issue. Well, I don't know if my problem is hardware(HDD) or software. I have the UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME problem withe 0x000000ED. First of all, I bought this laptop used so I don't have any original discs.
I restarted my comp and got the flash screen (F2/F12). "Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this"
Well, there was no new hardware or software that could have caused this. Well with the option of starting windows normally, I get the windows logo and the 'Starting Windows'. After a couple minutes of that, the blue screen comes up with that UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME message.
I've tried all the F8 options(safe mode with and without Command prompt). I always end up back where I started. I've launched the startup repair and I just get a blank screen all day.
I did a little research and found some people that said something about burning an image disc. I found several different things but I found one that was actually called Boot Repair Disc. It supposedly had the ISO file I needed. I downloaded it, burned it, and booted with it. Well, I found out that is was UBUNTU. I ran the repair the disc had on it. A few minutes later I'm told it was successful and to reboot my comp. Well nothing changed. It still will not boot from the HDD.
Point is I need access to my hard drive. And can't get anywhere close. Is there a downloadable repair disc that will work? I've seen some for sale from various dealers but I'm afraid to buy something that is only a clean-up disc or that has nothing to do with my issue. If you can come up with a sure-fire way, some other things that I haven't tried then I would love to hear about it.
It has been over 2 weeks now and anything, any ideas that could help would be so much appreciated.
Thanks,
Brian ***@******.***
Category: Software
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assistign you today,

I'm sorry about the issue, do you have any important data on this computer ? There are three reasons why you getting this problem whatever your condition it is and those reasons are :

1. Boot volume corrupted
  2. Corrupted files of your windows
  3. Hdd got faulty

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can corrupted files in the startup/boot process be repaired?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Yes, for my question, do you have data on your hdd please?

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

are you there please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
JUST A SEC
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sending you a photo of the info I can get from the F2 key
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't actually access my HDD because I can't get past the startup page which actually never starts up
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are u still there?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

just a moment please,

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

Please try one of those solutions :

1-First download windows 7.iso from this link : http://getintopc.com/softwares/operating-systems/windows-7-ultimate-free-download-iso-32-64-bit/

2-Burn ISO Image to a Blank DVD.

3-Put the disc in your optical drive and restart to boot from the DVD. You may have to change the boot settings in your BIOS if booting from a CD/DVD is not enabled.

4-On the Install Windows screen, make the appropriate selections for language, time, and keyboard, and then click Next. On the next screen, click “Repair Your Computer”. Do not click "Install now"

5-In “System Recovery Options”, select “Startup Repair”

6- check if your computer is working now.

Solution 2 :

Repeat the same steps, In “System Recovery Options”, select system restore

on the Restore system files and settings window. Choose the restore point that you want to use. You should use the restore point with a date when you still don't have the problem you are facing now.

Solution 3 :

Insert your Windows 7 Disc, After booting from the Windows Installation Disc, click “Repair Your Computer”.

Select Command prompt and type chkdsk drive: /f

then type : chkdsk drive: /c ( replace drive with your drive letter, example: D: , E: )

Let Windows finish checking and repairing your disk.

Solution 4

"repeat solution 3" but this time type : bootrec /rebuildbcd You will get a message saying ” The operation completed successfully” Restart your computer and check

solution 5 :

Format your computer ( All data on your hard drive will be lost)

Please follow the step by step instructions in this tutorial video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mME9VLT7-xw

solution 6 :

If none of the solutions does not work, then it could be a hardware issue, please Replace your hard drive

Hope this help

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I'll try this. I don't want to format or replace the HDD. I have vital info on there but hopefully the download/burn will help. I tried one before and nothing helped. I guess we'll see.
Thanks
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, hope it work let me know if you need further

best reagrds,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can a bad RAM cause this or is it only limited to the HDD?
Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

No, That has nothing to do with RAM memory, it only limited to the hdd.

Thank you

Expert:  Mr.Med replied 1 year ago.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the stars below, positive ratings are appreciated. if you still need help, please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help you

Note : only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. If my answer did not work or if you are not satisfied for any reason please do not rate my answer as poor or bad service but let me opt out and open your question to other experts.

Thank you