Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

I'm trying to get my Sony A7RII to shoot tethered in

Customer Question

I'm trying to get my Sony A7RII to shoot tethered in Lightroom 6. The program at times seems to recognize the camera but won't accept the tether command.
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can assist you with your question.

The first thing that you'll need is the camera control software for Sony camera

You can download Remote Camera Control for Windows at: www.sony.co.jp/imsoft/Win/
You can download Remote Camera Control for Mac at: www.sony.co.jp/imsoft/Mac/

Then set up the camera to connect as a remote-controlled camera in the USB settings

Set your camera’s USB Connection to PC Remote Mode
Select Menu > Setup Menu 4 > USB Connection > PC Remote.

2.Connect the micro USB cable supplied with your camera to the Multi-Terminal USB port on the side of the A7/A7R/A7S camera.

After that you should be able to connect. But if you're still having a problem or if his love questions, please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep getting a message that the computer can't connect with the camera.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am able to use Remote Camera Control, but it still says it doesn't recognize the camera even though I'm able to shoot remotely with it. I'd like to have it open all the way up using whatever software might be applicable. I use Photoshop more than Lightroom but my impression is that Photoshop won't support tethered capturing.

In order to do this directly from Lightroom requires that you use a camera supported by Lightroom. Your camera isn't on the list of supported cameras. You can see the list from Adobe here:

http://bitli.es/4RBNVM

You are right that Lightroom supports tethered capturing, but only with specific cameras.