Hi there i'm Tim and will be helping you. You can try and copy the entire office folders to the other machine, and place a ashortcut on the desktop of the new install of XP. There is no way to go from Vista to XP and keep that software. The software should be moved to another disk and then brought back. I can explain more on the phone if you would like.
no phone calls...just step by step. thanks. I'll check in the morning.
1. locate software you want to keep
2. Move it to a separate safe area, like a USB harddrive.
3. Format the hardrive you are going to use with XP (i highly recommend getting an OS that is being supported currently like win 8 or 10.
4. Move entire contents of folders back to freshly formatted drive, place them in root of C:/
5. Right click each application thats moved and select make shortcut, place short cuts on your desktop.
Let me know how this went.
What about the drivers? Everything I have read tells me various things about the drivers...Have you done this before?
Yes many times, the drivers are on the Windows disks more often than not, if you need a specific driver, you can go after it once you are up and running at 99%. I've done this hundreds of times, seems scary and first but its not.