Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I lately have problem with the photoshop elements 12.-When

Customer Question

I lately have problem with the photoshop elements 12.-When using the Photoshop manages the print, black ink pathces appear on the print.( ink overflow ) -When I am using the
printer manages the print there are no black blothces on the print.
I have tried elements 7 also to print using all three color management option to print,
no black blotches.-I opened the "mypictures" file , opened the same picture which was
adjusted in elements12 in picasa and printed it - no black blotches.
Is there a bug in the elements 12 now? -I am using the elem.12 since Oct23 2013.
Appreciate some help. Ted
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like the print preferences for your PSE12 has either been corrupted or not set up properly. The following link contains instructions to correct the issue, and properly set up PSE12 for printing. Of particular interest to your issue is "Rendering Intent" at Step6, though I recommend checking all the steps to ensure everything is properly set up. As of last check, there is not a glitch in the coding of the program, but it is possible to have corrupted preferences. Please let me know if you have any further questions, and if not feel free to rate and accept!

http://www.photokaboom.com/photography/learn/printing/1_set_up_PSE_for_printing.htm#6