Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I'm having trouble converting my business facebook page

Customer Question

Good morning, I'm having trouble converting my business facebook page to a "local business." I set up a "like" business page a long time ago, but new facebook terms state that all of the old "friend pages" that are actually a business must be converted
to a "local business" page. I cannot get past this screen when I log in as my business, and I keep getting an error message stating "creating content with this name is ***** ***** Try another name." I am including a screenshot of the error message for your
reference. I have tried everything that I know to do: I have changed the name like the error message is suggesting, (I've tried "Randall Ford Inc" instead of my actual business name of Randall Ford), I've tried "Randall Ford Motors" and others only to get
the same error message. I chose "local business" in the list of six choices for the organization because it's the only classification that allows customers to check-in and share. I have sent a message to facebook reporting the error, but it clearly states
that no one at facebook will respond directly to my error. I have also scoured the facebook message boards and help pages, and clearly there are other business owners experiencing the same error message, without any resolve. I'm hoping that another set of
eyes will be able to help me figure out if there's anything I can do differently to resolve this issue and access my business facebook page as usual. Thanks in advance and I appreciate your time!
Category: Software
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your Facebook page.

Try editing the name from Fort Smith to Fort smith (Facebook doesn't allow double capitalization in names)

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

I got your response as a new thread, see if you can reply to me here.

Another reason for the error could be too many characters in any of the names - try shortening the words as a test and see if it will go through that way.