Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in installing and problem fixing of softwares.
50064670

To install Windows 10 on my computer Running windows 7.Every

Customer Question

I'm Trying to install Windows 10 on my computer Running windows 7.Every time I install the free update,i always get to 51% completed and for some reason goes back to the windows 7.Now the problem is possibly a file called C1900101-40017.Now what is this file and can i add or delete this file so i can safely install this update.
Category: Software
Expert:  Lachard Binkley replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer my name is***** particalur error message is dealing with a driver on your system and unfortunately this is a common problem to fix this issue and continue your upgrade you can follow these directions.

After the failure during the upgrade process go to advanced/startup settings en activate disable drivers signature.
The upgrade process continues with configuring and completes with boot Windows 10. To find advance/startup you can go to
"advanced -> startup settings" which will be offered after interrupting of the upgrade process.
Please let me know if this does not resolve your issue if it does could you please rate my assistance as positive it would be greatly appreciated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do i get to advanced /startup settings en activate disable drivers signature ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lachard, hello can you hear me ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can somebody help me since this guy has abandoned me ?

I apologize as I was out last night. You should see the option when your install is interrupted during the upgrade process.

This website walks you step by step on how to perform the above task. http://appuals.com/windows-10-couldnt-be-installed-error-c1900101-40017/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I WANT TO DOWNLOAD THE WINDOWS 10 TO MY COMPUTER RUNNING WINDOWS 7.......YOU GAVE ME A SOLUTION AND I HAVEN'T WINDOWS 10 ON MY COMPUTER YET. LACHARD DO YOU UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION, ?

The option I provided was for upgrading from Windows 7 to 10 during the upgrade process. You can also disable it at startup so that when you login and upgrade in Windows it will already be disabled by following these steps.

Press F8 key upon initial system boot up, and then select Disable Driver Signature enforcement for that boot session.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did what you said Concerning the F8, and you know what ? It didn't work.Got any other suggestions i can try,pardon me,any other suggestions that actually work?
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Instead of running the update from Windows 7, download the Windows 10 ISO file from Microsoft and burn it to a DVD or create a bootable USB with that ISO image and run the Windows 10 setup from the DVD or USB to upgrade your Windows 7 to Windows 10. For detailed instructions, please visit : http://www.tomsguide.com/us/windows-10-download-install,news-19663.html

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why Can't you give me a solution to my problem. I just want download Windows 10 to my computer.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sir, That guide I recommended explains the easiest solution to download and install windows 10. If you can't follow it, I can remotely connect to your system and do it for you.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just want to find the solution to the problem of the drivers when loading windows 10. and that solution you gave me takes a lot of work.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Okay, can I remotely connect to your system and do it for you ?

Regards

Jins

Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I didn't yet get a response from you. I need to go now. So please try the following yourself. (If it not helps, please let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for the remote support. Then I can fix a time for remote session and help you to download and install Windows 10)

Click on start button

Type cmd in the start menu search box

Right click on the cmd listed and select Run as Administrator

You will get open the black colored command window

Type the command bcedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS and press Enter key

You will get a command completed successfully message

Now type the command bcedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON and hit Enter key

Now restart the computer and continue with Windows 10 update.

Please refer the following screen shots:

http://wikisend.com/download/442930/a.png

http://wikisend.com/download/768670/b.png

Regards

Jins