arsufi2002
arsufi2002, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  More than 3 years of experience in the field of Information Technology
50085326

I mistakenly let Microsoft get into my computer (probably

Customer Question

I mistakenly let Microsoft get into my computer (probably not Microsoft but a Scammer) and after not wanting to send them more money we ended our conversation. After restarting my computer I was greated with a message box saying I needed my XP password. Can't remember if I ever set up that sort of password.
Next I went into SAFE MODE, and still got the same message box saying I needed my XP password.
Working on my computer at the office I can still get into the web site (Aol) but of course the Office computer does not conrtain pictures and files I need to accomplish my web site updates.
If you can help then I will be more than willing to download your system (do you have a CD to go along with the download?
1-***-***-**** ***@******.***
Category: Software
Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you have this issue, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please save this page to favorites( ctrl + d) so that you can reconnect in case you get disconnected

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

In Windows Xp, there is another option to login to computer.. That is login to Administrator account which is by default enabled on Xp computer.

So have you tried this out?

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Windows Xp reveals administrator account when you boot Windows in Safe Mode.

Can you check out if you can see administrator account in safe mode

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

If you can able to login to administrator account, you can reset your account password ***** it

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

Please update status

Thanks

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.

waiting for your reply

Expert:  arsufi2002 replied 1 year ago.