Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I've been using Microsoft Web expression 4 to edit website,

Customer Question

I've been using Microsoft Web expression 4 to edit website, its giving me an error message "Can't connect to "kinlochequp" Check the server name and proxy settings. If the settings are correct the server may be temp unavailable.
Was working fine before
Category: Software
Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.

I would be glad to help. Before I begin I would like to gather a bit more information about your problem. Based on your information, I'm guessing that you have your website content hosted on server named "kinlochequp" and when you try to push your local changes to the web server, the request fails and you receive this message. Did I interpret that information correctly? If not, please let me know what I said that might be wrong.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you are correct
Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.

OK, great! First I would like to try connecting to the server myself to make sure that is not the issue. Do you have the full server address that you used to setup the connection with Microsoft Web Expression? You probably received this information in an email from your hosting provider when you signed up. Or if you own the server yourself, can you tell me more about your web development computer is connected to it?

Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.

To make sure it is not the server that is the problem, I will need the address to access it directly. If you are not sure what the full address is, or where you can find it, please let me know and I can walk you through it.

Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I will be unable to solve your problem unless you can provide the information I requested previously. If you need help finding this information, please let me know and I can provide more detailed instructions.

Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.

I would be glad to solve your problem, but I will need you to respond to my previous requests in order to continue. You can visit your question page here:

http://www.justanswer.com/software/9ee2s-i-ve-using-microsoft-web-expression-edit-website-its.html

Expert:  david replied 1 year ago.

I will do my best to keep your question open so that it can be solved, but I will need you to reply on your question page so that I can provide a solution for you.