Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I need to install an Iomegaon a Windows 7 OS and need the

Customer Question

Hi, I need to install an Iomega*****on a Windows 7 OS and need the software for it.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Question, the Iomega drive you have. Does it use a USB cable, or a serial / parallel cable ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It has a square connector, which is modern I believe. Did I answer that for you?

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Square.. What size?

Does it match USb size.. Please try to be a bit more descriptive if you can. Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, it is definitely USB.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Ok..

When you attack the drive to your computer and insert a disk into the drive.

What happens. Does it say unknown device attached?

Also, after you attach the drive if you go to the device manager do you see any unknown devices or devices with warning marks showing.

Please press the windows key on your keyboard , hold it down, and press R

Onscreen should be a box that says Open / Run . In that box type in,

devmgmt.msc and then hit enter.

Now, inside the device manager windows that shows up, were looking for any device that says unknown or unrecognized device, and it may have a yellow warning mark next to it. If you see any of those devices, let me know what they are labeled as and what category they fall under.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All Drivers are installed correctly, the issue is the software to operate the iomega drive

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Thats the issue. Iomegaware isnt compatible or workable on windows 7 ..

Unless the drives are password ***** You should still be able to use windows explorer, open the drives. and copy all files to your pc so you can work with them.

Do you see the drive listed if you click start, computer. Is it showing as a removable drive underneath your C drive?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That really doesn't help me so can I have a $31 credit. Thanks for trying, but I think Microsoft made some changes to make the zip not work anymore.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Zip drives stopped being supported in the early 2000's. Ive worked with these on modern computers and can help.

If you change your mind and want to continue, let me know.

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

DS.

Yes, if you can get this to work on my Windows 7 machine, but tell me if you can in a way I can implement your suggestions.

RSVP

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Is anyone going to continue to help me solve this problem?