Tim
Tim, Sr. Engineer
Experience:  Sr. Systems and Network Engineer
75378780

Where do I place files via a tool such as FileZilla, onto my

Customer Question

Where do I place files via a tool such as FileZilla, onto my Raspberry Pi, and how to I call the files via Terminal?
Category: Software
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

Hello, first off do you have a external drive of some sort connected to the reaspberry? If not, you would probably want to place them in a a directory in root. So once logged in as root you would type "CD.." and then do a "dir" to see if you are back at root yet, if not "cd.." again. Once there make your directory for uploads "mkdir foldername". After that you will have a place to upload data, if you have external storage you may want to do it there. Hope this helps.

Tim.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

did all go well with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, no it did not.FileZilla, if you didn't look it up, is SSH access to the Raspberry Pi. I already have an OS build working.When I tried placing the file.py into the RasPi it didn't appear when I cd'd to the directory and used the ls command.That's where I originated my question from. I also thought it'd be useful to test this service and see if it works.
Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

we can try testing the service, please check permissions om the raspberry root.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

i know what filezilla is, and i understand how a Rasberry works. That's why we need to check permissions.

Expert:  Tim replied 1 year ago.

I'll put ap hone offer in if its easier for us to touch base over phone, if not here is fine, it's just harder when its not in real time. But this sounds like a permissions issue.