Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in installing and problem fixing of softwares.
50064670

I purchased a program in February of 2011 called Memorymate

Customer Question

I purchased a program in February of 2011 called Memorymate Brown Bag V2.6 which came on disc from swreg.org, Digital River, Inc., Eden Prairie, MN.
I have since lost the disc and wanted to reacquire the program. On line, I seem to be able to down load a trial version but not the complete one. Would you know if a full version could be found anywhere? Would it be in someone's library, somewhere? The creator was Atlantic-Coast.com in England and they stopped support for it years ago.
It was a windows version of an old DOS program by Broederbund which I am still using because it is a free form database now containing over 11,000 records which are irreplaceable. Keeping it going with DOS is tough to maintain and since the demise of
WIN XP, close to impossible with the new WINDOWS platforms. I'd like to transfer the data from the DOS program to the Windows program if the full version can be found.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Don't you have the CD key or serial number of the program ? If you have you can activate the full version from the demo.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have stored in the DOS version information about the purchase of the CD for the windows version, but I no longer have the CD.
There was an Order Number: # ***** and I also recorded a web address which contains the number after the word "key"https://usd.swreg.org/cgi-bin/s.cgi?r=1&s=18&db_key=1884212701Can this be useful? It doesn't look like anything I have ever seen on most CD's which have a multi digit KEY using spaced groups of letters.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
https://usd.swreg.org/cgi-bin/s.cgi?r=1&s=18&db_key=1884212701]
I sent this address earlier but your program changed it and didn't show it as I had copied it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Again the program truncated what I tried to send you.After the letters cgi-bin comes these characters: /s.cgi?r=1&s=18&db_key=1884212701
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have responded several times to you regarding what I may do to recover a full version of my CD and I still don't know what I am to do. Please give me explicit instructions. Do I have a key that will get me a full version? If so how do I use it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see that $47 has been deducted from my bank account. Am I paying for a solution or just a blind end?
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay in reply. It seems this software not exists and the company sold out and the new company is not developing any new version of it. Only contact number is + 4 4 (0) 1 2 97 55 22 22 and it is not working when I tried. But if you have the serial number, you can download the setup file from ftp://ftp.icm.edu.pl/vol/rzm1/ntware/files/memmatesw.exe and install it with the serial you have. If you do not have the serial, you can install it as 90 day evaluation copy.

I understand that this answer may not be entirely to your liking, and I regret being the bearer of information that you really don’t want to hear. But it would be unfair to you and unprofessional of me where I to provide you with anything less than truthful and honest information.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to rate your so called service if you are still interested in solving my problem that I provided to you, in great detail, in my original question. Your answer was to tell me, or confirm, all I told you. I have no solution to my problem, if in fact there is one, and I remain with no expert answer. I already told you what it was. Confirming it is not worth paying anything.
I note to discuss it by telephone with you will cost another $20. I am not willing to pay the close to $50 charges now.
If you don't want a bad rating, contact me at***@******.***. If I don't hear from you soon, I will rate your service as terrible.