Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Google, Someone has posted an incorrect and damaging comment

Customer Question

Hello Google,
Someone has posted an incorrect and damaging comment about our business on Google (see "Mathomat").
I cannot get to the "Google my business" site and address the incorrect address matter by detailing what is listed on google about our business because we no longer have any record of the original setup of our Google business account (such as the actual name used for our company (it changed a while ago), the email address associated with our account and the name of the person who set our account up (we have had a lot of employees over the years whose job would have included setting up a google listing).
How do I go right back to basics and re-esetblish my business and its listing details on Google? At the moment you have posted a notice about us that we are "permanently closed" and that we are a "comic book store" - both of which a wrong but I cannot change them until I can establish my business registration details with you.
Thanks for your help. if you want to verify me call me on the work line 03 97961177
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me the link of the bad review that your business? Or can you please tell me the link to your site so that I can check and verify the said google review?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jess,
Thanks for getting back to me. The bad review has now gone. Google appear to have reacted to my change requests by accepting my definition of the business and my stated business address.
We are talking about the Google references to "Mathomat" which is a product of our business - see www.mathomat.com.au
However, I still have two problems I hope you can help me with:
1. How do I reset my businesses basic identification with google? I think we must have registered with them over 10 years ago and I have no access to records of the legal name used (we changed it about that time), the email address or individual persons name associated with the account (any number of ex employees of ours may have done the registration).
2. The Google my business system does not appear to suit us. We are not a retail business at all. Nowadays we have an office at my house and keep inventory in a contract warehouse. So, I don't really want to declare a physical address to the general public at all. At the moment we have the location of our warehouse at Storage King listed - but it would actually be best to de-list from this google service - what do you think? Do you know how we can delist?Thanks,John
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi John,

Thank you for writing back with that information. Please give me a moment to check the Google listings for your website and business. I will get back to you with the answer and recommendation.

Best regards,

Jess