Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I am trying to "put" a document in Dreamweaver to my web

Customer Question

I am trying to "put" a document in Dreamweaver to my web page. I receive the following error message. Access denied (file location) LCK denied. What steps must I take to put this new document?
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

LCK references a Lock file. Generally lock files, when present, mean that a file (with the same name as the *.lck Lock file) is opened for writing, and the lock file being present denies other attempts to write to the file.

As for 'access denied', that means that permissions to access or write to the location is denied, for whatever reason.

And 'file location' means, to me, that you need to check whether the location you are trying to write to, is the one you mean to write to (which is also what the 'access denied' could mean.

Or it could mean that a .lck file is present and disallows Access to the file location.

Is it only one page you are writing to the site from Dreamweaver? if so, then you can check whether there is a .lck file in the site with the same name as the page you are trying to write, and try deleting that .lck file. That might free up write access so you can 'put' to that page again from DW.

And also, check whether (somehow) the intended location you are trying to 'put' the page into, is the right location... that pointer or address may have changed, spontaneously, somehow.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not have enough background to implement your answer to my question. I was able to solve my problem by deleting some of the past updates and trying to "put" the November data. I do not understand why it worked but I know that now the November data is present on my web site.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Probably when you deleted some of the past updates, you deleted either the LCK file or the whole file set of the file(s) that was/were locked. I'm glad to hear that the problem has been solved, by whatever means.