Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

How can I get in to acrobat if I forgot my administrator

Customer Question

How can I get in
to acrobat if I forgot my administrator password ***** adobe and acrobat?
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac?

Also, are you trying to install your Acrobat that you require a password? Or are you just trying to open or run Acrobat to use it?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess, I have a Windows computer. Excuse me for being exhausted so I'll have to make this brief. I tried opening attachments to my email that were adobe (reader?) snd when I did try to open the attachments , I was asked for a PW. I can't remember if I actually set one up or did a 30 day trial in the recent past. I have chemo fatigue so excuse my brain fog/short term memory loss. Can you please send me a protocol or link if I need to make a new password ***** my email address at***@******.***. Or any other instructions you might have? I have to get my kids to bed (and me, too!). I ran out of "steam" but would really appreciate you sending me steps of what to do to read two important invoices in adobe/acrobat that are attachment to emails.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that information.

I believe the password ***** asked for in the attached PDF file (the file is in PDF format that opens in Adobe Reader) is a password ***** or PROVIDED by the creator or sender of the PDF document. This is common to PDF files that are invoices or statements of account in various services. They are called password-protected PDF files to provide a second layer of security for the sensitive information found in the document.

So to answer your question, the password ***** asked for in this PDF file is only particular to this PDF file. Please check the actual email since in the footer of such emails, you may find some valuable information as to the PATTERN for such passwords.

For instance, it could be your date of birth followed by your account number. If you cannot find such information in the email itself, please contact the company who sent you the email so that they can tell you the password ***** their password-protected PDF files.

In normal circumstances, you can open Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader without the need of a password. So if you are prompted for a password, it is NOT to open Adobe Acrobat or Adobe Reader -- it is the password ***** the specific PDF file that you want to open, or the so-called password-protected PDF files.

I also receive some password-protected PDF files for my credit card bills and in the email message there they provide some guide as to the password ***** open the PDF file. But yours might be different so please check the email message accompanying the attachment or contact the company who sent you the password-protected PDF file.

Please check my screen shot in this link:

http://filesxpress.com/d-92c0d833

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess