Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

Lotus 123 same issue as you replied to 5 years ago as

Customer Question

Lotus 123 same issue as you replied to 5 years ago as getting corrupt as seen at http://www.justanswer.com/computer/37lwz-yesterday-worked-document-lotus-1-2-3-saved.html#re.v/287/
but those solutions not working
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Do you get the 'file is already in use' error message? or is it some other error message?

Copying the file here and there may conceal some malware issue, as well as a rights issue. The multiple copies you speak of could be freeing the file of a stealth virus inclusion that corrupts it.

I advise doing a thorough scan with reputable anti-virus software, of all computers that have been involved in the problem at any time. (Reputable anti-virus software would include TrendMicro, Symantec, McAfee, and among the free anti-virus suites, AVG Free and www.avast.com.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell,I am waiting on the IT guy to answer your queries.Feel free to contact me with any questions.Thanks,Bob
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thanks.