Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Am looking competent technician not scared to use phone and

Customer Question

Am looking for a competent technician not scared to use phone and remote access to solve the following Also no additional fees will be authorized I had an old pc which went kaput. I used an email program called incredi-email. I saved a bunch of files on
an external drive called click free. Now I have tried to download the old email files onto the new pc Even though the click free program states it has done this - I cant find the files readily HELP!
Category: Software
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.

Good evening. The Click-Free drive should be manually accessible from windows. If so, we can manually move the files from it to the desired location without using the click free software. Please respond if you still need assistance and I will assist you with this process. Looking forward to your response - Thanks. Dr. Bell

Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I see you are currently unavailable. I will check back for a response soon. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Individual cant read question properly and doesn't follow direction
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.

If you would like remote assistance for this issue, please visit www.teamviewer.com and download the free TeamViewer application. You will have the option to "Run Only" during the install, which will prevent any software from being installed on your computer. Once the program opens, you should provide me the ID and Password ***** on the main window of the Team Viewer application. At this point, I can connect to your system securely and work with you to resolve the issue. Please let me know if you require further details for this process.

Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As the original question posed again - I am looking for remote assistance guided by a telephone call.
It is incredible how many so called experts can not read question.
It seems ALL are scared of the telephone - all they wish to do is tweet, text
Moderator close question again
Expert:  Dr. Bell replied 1 year ago.

Good Sir or Madame, regardless of our method of communication, this is one of the required steps in preparation. I never said I was afraid, or would not establish a phone call with you. Either way, you have not provided a name or phone number to contact you in the first place. I was working towards establishing communication with you; however, I now understand that you are either not interested in working with a certified professional with over a decade of experience and service or you do not fully understand the way this service works, because you will not even take the time to post a simple response to an expert on more than one occasion. You should understand that remote assistance with a phone call is an ADDITIONAL feature to this service, governed by JustAnswer. An expert can not officially make a "remote assistance with a phone call" offer without charging a minimum of $5 through JustAnswer - we simply do not have that option available to us. This is why I was attempting to establish an initial connection with you, to make available additional options for contact. Some experts, on special occasion, will VOLUNTARILY offer this service through other means, as I was attempting to do with you so that there wouldn't be an additional charge. Please do not expect an expert to jump at your demand for free remote assistance, especially with a phone call, as it is the equivalence of walking into a convenience store and demanding the clerk sell you a loaf of bread but give you the meats, vegetables, and condiments for free. The problem stated in your question is understood - you need to find files that were stored on a Click-Free drive and place them on a new computer. I am no longer interested in making contact with you over the phone, as you have offended me by hurting my reputation on a previous question - same scenario, you did not attempt to make contact with me to resolve the issue when I initially responded to your question. I am kindly offering remote assistance with chat support - voluntarily. If you refuse this offer, please reply with "No, thank you." and I will opt-out of the question and you can wait for another expert to consider offering the services to you at no additional charge, but please remember that is not a standard practice here. Your initial fee is for a chat or Q&A session ONLY, to solve the question at hand. I look forward to assisting you if you choose to accept my offer; otherwise, I will opt out and allow a different expert to review your question. Please respond accordingly. Thank you. -Sincerely, ***** ***** A+, IC3

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Opt out.Moderator, I want this question closed off