Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

How can i convert TAR to APK

Customer Question

how can i convert TAR to APK
Category: Software
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

You can't do a direct conversion... TAR is an archive format, APK is android application package file... (a program). Can you tell me more about what you are trying to do or accomplish?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
dear sir
now past is past. i have rooted my android phone and transferred the required files and installed the blooover2 also . but now blooover2 is not working.its showing fatal error.plse guide me
Expert:  Wes replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question, but since this has to do with android phone and not PC Software, I will request that it be sent to the correct category where someone should be able to assist you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i am using samsung GT-S7392 Adroid version 4.1.2
I have transferred the required files to my cell but its showing fatal error and J2ME unable to install
plse guide
Expert:  CompDoc replied 1 year ago.

http://androidqueries.com/converting-tar-file-apk-samsung-galaxy-s-android-device-387.html

You're not going to like this... but its the truth none the less, so its what you deserve. I pride myself on the integrity and thoroughness of my answers (as my 100% positive rating will attest to), so I can only offer you this...
It's NOT as easy as just converting those files and installing them on an Android phone. Cell Control (also known as Bloover and Watch Me), along with a few other spyware companies have a habit of telling their customers that its as easy as a simple file conversion - just to get a sale. They also are very good with pre sales support to convince you to buy it and promise you it will work fine once you convert it with no problem.

You can't just convert a jar or tar file to an apk(an apk is an installation file for Android), and Android does NOT run or install jar or tar files. It has to be compiled for Android. Android's java library doesn't have all the swing stuff that's in normal java, so the app would have to be completely re-written to work on android and it has not been.

There's a reason they(Cell Control / Bloover / WatchMe / etc.) dont just convert the files themselves and sell the apk file. The reason they dont just convert it and sell it themselves is they know it doesn't work after conversion and that the entire app/software needs to be rewritten. Think about it, if it could be converted, they would do it and just sell you the APK file. They simply want you to buy the program, once they sell it to you they dont care if it works or not. If you want to verify what I am telling you, Google the term "Cell Control Scam" or "Cell Control Rip Off"

There is a company called "UpOnTek" (upontek.com) that if you send them the jar/java files they will send you back an APK file for you Android device, but I have yet to meet someone who has said it was successful. It's not guaranteed to work at all after you get it back, and I don't even recommend it, but I feel I should give you all options so I can say my answer was thorough.

Android is designed to thwart spyware, and to not allow it which is why you won't find any of the spyware companies selling you Android files directly.

22 May