Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

I have Access 2007, running on Win 8.1. I created a form

Customer Question

I have Access 2007, running on Win 8.1. I created a form "Tbl_Products Form" to fill in a table "Tbl_Products Table", but when I add a combo box (drop down list) it does not fill in the table with the correct information. The items listed in the combo box, are fields "Category_Name" from another table "Tbl_Category Table". When I Save/Refresh the table, it provides the information in field "Category_No"???
Suggestions?
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

the source for the items in the list box will be listed in the properties of that form control. It's possible that you have the same table name in more than one database – if that's the case preface the table name with the database name. That way you can be sure that it's filling with the information from the table you expect.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael,
Thank you for your response. The issue has not been resolved, and I hope you can help me figure it out. I will try and explain the issue in a better way.The form "Products_Form" (I deleted the Tbl_Products Form" previously noted, due to the similarity in name to an existing table "Tbl_Products") has a combo box that includes the drop down arrow, so the user can select from a list of category names.I have a table "Tbl_Category" which contains 3 fields; Category_No (Which is also the Primary Key), Category_Name, Category_Margin%When I open the properties for the combo box, and look at the Row Source it shows the following, which appears to be correct:
SELECT [Tbl_Category].[Category_No], [Tbl_Category].[Category_Name] FROM Tbl_Category;**Note - I have tried to remove the [Tbl_Category].[Category_No] but it only results in nothing being displayed in the drop down list.When the user clicks on the drop down list, the category names are ***** ***** and the "Tbl_Products" field named "Category_Name" should be filled in once the user makes the selection.Issue - When the user makes a selection from the list, the result in "Tbl_Products" field "Category_Name" is the "Category_No" related to the "Category_Name"**Note - I have rearranged the order of fields in the "Tbl_Category" and this results in the Category_No showing in the drop down list, and the category_name being shown on the "Tbl_Products" field "Category_Name"

Can you put an example somewhere that I can download it to take a look? Any shared place would be fine.