Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

T know, this morning all my .exe files were changed to .lnk

Customer Question

don't know, this morning all my .exe files were changed to .lnk files and whenever I try to download a fix it says "runtime error ProgramC:\program files\adobe\reader9.0\reader\acroRd32.exe
Category: Software
Expert:  Satchi replied 1 year ago.

It will be better and quick if I can access your computer remotely to fix the problem ..

for that please follow the below steps

Please open the below link URL in browser

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=7c51898d-4842-48a3-80ba-e503a3ffd31c

and then click on I agree button .

After that click on Download link to download a file and run it

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it won't let me download the link. it goes up into the browser. when i click the arrow I wee it there with an Adobe icon but nothing happens when I click on it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I keep trying but it still won't let me download the link. any ideas?
Expert:  Satchi replied 1 year ago.

Ok Sorry for the delay .

Can you please try to open the link in another browser like firefox or chrome

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i click the download it gives me an Adobe logo and says not enough memory
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It now says "insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service
Expert:  Satchi replied 1 year ago.

Please restart the computer and try again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'm kind of scared that it won't come back on.
I'll try that
Expert:  Satchi replied 1 year ago.

Yes please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
wow, what a mess, I restarted the computer, same problem. looks like all files trying to open with adobe AND all .exe changed to .ink.
Expert:  Satchi replied 1 year ago.

Your system seems to be infected with virus .

Are you able to open above link to do remote connection ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, it won't let me. I guess I'll have to bring it in to someone who can physically fix it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I won't take up any more of your time. thank you
Expert:  Satchi replied 1 year ago.

Sorry I could not fix this remotely .

I will open the question to other experts to help you more .

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
while I appreciate it, don't. I'll take it to someone who can physically look at it. thank you anyway
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hi, Im very familiar with the issue you are having and I have repaired it multiple times.

While it is possible you may have a virus, this isnt always the case. You wont be able to download and run any normal programs, but Im including a special file that will fix the exact issue you are having. Two files actually.

Download this file first http://goo.gl/VVzh7

Save it to your desktop background. Then double click the exefix and merge it with your registry.

Now, we need to fix the lnk files. Download this file next. http://www.winhelponline.com/fileasso/lnkfix_vista.zip

Open that folder and double click the lnk fix file and merge it with your registry.

Problems Solved!!!!

If we complete these steps and you still have the issue, please reply and let me know.. If this solves the issue, please let me know.

The above two steps will save you an expensive trip to the repair shop, and ultimately all the repair shop should do is run the same two files above.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.