Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Have Adobe Premier CS4 editing system. Has operated smoothly

Customer Question

Have Adobe Premier CS4 editing system. Has operated smoothly for several years. Suddenly it will not give me the selected time line. Nor will it capture a tape.. I get only a blank (white or grey) screen.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you're using.

Windows XP, Widows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Or a Mac.

If it's a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows.

Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Windows 8
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting. Did you get my answer re: Windows 8?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you.. MOst likely this was a windows update that came through and knocked out your program functionality.

Lets try a simple step that we can undo if needed, to repair the issue.

Please press the windows key on your keyboard, or tap the "desktop" icon to go to your old fashioned windows desktop.

Then, hold down your windows key and press R ( The windows key is two keys to the left of your space-bar )

Then type in rstrui.exe and hit enter.. On the system restore screen,

Click, restore my computer to an earlier point, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started.

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.