Greg A.
Greg A., Consultant / Engineer
Experience:  Working in Computer/Electronics 25+ Years, Storage Interface Expert
5229702

Our web site www.fancyflorist.com has been blocked due to

Customer Question

our web site www.fancyflorist.com has been blocked due to virus.
Now we fixed the problem and reloaded the site.
Our site is still blocked
Please unblock the site
Thanks
Lash
Category: Software
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of the issue you are having with your site.

May I ask if you or your webmaster has used the resources mentioned in the Google Webmaster Tools article I have linked to below?

https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/45449?hl=en&rd=1

That is, have you registered the site in Webmaster Tools, and gone through the "Security Issues" section - since the site has been reloaded?

If not, that would be the first step I would take to get the site unblocked.

If these steps HAVE been taken, please know that it can take some time - often 48 hours or more - for the site to be VERIFIED that there are no more issues.

Please let me know if those steps HAVE been taken, and if so, when the actions were taken so we can know when to expect the site to be verified and the block to be lifted.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

Here is another "diagnostic page" you may want to look at - if you haven't already, that gives a bit more detail about WHY the site was blocked.

https://www.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=https://fancyflorist.com/&hl=en

Please let me know what is found - when you can.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,our technical people have done the registration after loading the site from back up about two days ago.It is still showing the error messageLash
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Lash,

That last link I sent had details that the site was last TESTED on 10.19 (yesterday), and that there were still issues at that time.

Also, it showed that there were TWO hosts (GoDaddy & Google), so some of the OLD pages may be stuck in one host or the other and is causing this delay.

I also noticed in that last page that there may be OTHER SITES that are actually causing this issue. I have NOT checked out your site, but from past experience, if you have ANY pages where "users" can post messages or links, that may be where to the true issue is.

OR - if ANY external links are used ANYWHERE on the site (I noticed that 81 pages were checked, and 81 pages showed an issue), that may be the problem too.

So a THOROUGH CLEANING of the site may be needed, and NOT just a simple "restore" from a backup.

Otherwise, I would recommend going back into the Google Webmaster Tools, and verifying the security issues AGAIN - to see what shows up. And of course it can take 24 hours OR MORE for a "clean report" to go across the web - and be seen by other servers.

One other note: If the site IS hosted on GoDaddy servers, you may want to contact GoDaddy support, and get them involved in this issue - especially if this is using shared hosting.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

(im)