Viet - Computer Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Ten years of computer software and hardware support; Windows 10 8 7 Vista XP & Mac.
30037186

Aol9.7 can't get to websites off url line fault CloseThe

Customer Question

aol9.7 can't get to websites off url line fault http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?icid=aolclient_menu_help CloseThe error could be the result of a variety of things, from typing errors in the web address to DNS issues with the requested
web address. Check the web address for typing errors or check your internet connection to ensure other web addresses are accessible.
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
basically --- its like no browser for internet connected to url on aol. i cant even get to aol help service. i can get sites that are hyperlinked to me in emails . the internet is no problem except AOL browser url
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you.

Please check your Internet Explorer or your main browser. Make sure it has all its defaults.

Start > Default |Programs > Set Your Default Programs > left column, select your main browser.

" this program has all its defaults " ?
If no, click Choose defaults for this program > mark all entries under the list > click Save when done.

While you are there, check the same to your e-mail client. Waiting your feedback

Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Please, Rate if you are SATISFIED with my help, as this is the only way the site will give me credit for my time. If you still need help, ASK FOR MORE HELP by replying to me.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi caralenek,
browsers better but still get alot of script errors :Script: http://ajax.googleapis.com/aja…bs/jquery/1.10.2/jquery.min.js:5
what does it mean-- script errors
Expert:  caraleneK replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the feedback..Script error messages are displayed by Internet Explorer when there is a problem with the JavaScript or VBScript code on the website you are viewing. Occasionally a script error can be caused by an error in downloading a webpage, but more often it is an error in the webpage itself. To avoid script errors in the future, you can turn off script debugging and notifications in Internet Explorer.

1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button . In the search box, type Internet Explorer, and then, in the list of results, click Internet Explorer.
  2. Click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

3. Click the Advanced tab, select the Disable script debugging Internet Explorer) and Disable script debugging (Other) check boxes.

4. Clear the Display a notification about every script error check box, and then click OK.

5. Please let me know if you need more info also please rate the service ..

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My AOL is not connected to any browser. i can't even get to aol help from aol
heres a response to clicking on aol help
AOL SearchSkip over navigation
The web address you entered could not be found[more information]You were trying to go to http://help.aol.com/help/microsites/microsite.do?icid=aolclient_menu_helpCloseThe error could be the result of a variety of things, from typing errors in the web address to DNS issues with the requested web address. Check the web address for typing errors or check your internet connection to ensure other web addresses are accessible.
STILL NO BROWSER CONNECTED TO AOL..
EVEN FROM AOL I CAN'T GET TO AOL HELP IN THE PROGRAM WITHOUT THIS TYPE MESSAGE : AOL SearchSkip over navigation
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I NEED SOMEONE FAMILIAR WITH AOL
Expert:  Viet - Computer Tech replied 1 year ago.

Please try:

Solution #1:

- Make sure the date / time clock on your computer is correct.

Solution #2:

1. Close all Internet Explorer / AOL windows / websites / programs:
  2. Go to Control Panel.
  3. Open Network and Internet, open Internet Options.
  4. Then click on Delete and delete only temporary internet files.
  5. Click the Advanced tab, and then click Reset.
  6. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
  7. Then close and check.

Solution #3:

- Go to Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network and Sharing Center, then click on Change adapter settings on the left

, (or press at the same time the two keys Windows and R on the keyboard, then type ncpa.cpl then click OK.)

, then right-click on the connected device/item, then click on Properties.
, select the “TCP/IPv4...” service in the list, then click the Properties button.
, select the option Use the following DNS server addresses and add the following:

• 8.8.8.8
  • 8.8.4.4

, then click OK, OK.
, then check.

Solution #4:

- Download / install the latest AOL Desktop 9.8 at the AOL website below and check:

http://discover.aol.com/products-and-services/aol-desktop-for-windows

- Restart the computer as needed.

Please let me know. Thank you.